Dr. Stacy
Dr. Stacy, Veterinarian
Experience:  7 years of experience as a small animal veterinarian
21779527

I gave my 8 week old kitten a dewormer tablet,and just

Hi, I gave my 8 week old kitten a dewormer tablet,and just realised it's for over 6 months old kittens. Ithe tablet is 125mg piperazine. Can anything happens to him or is the dose fine?
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. My name is***** I have been a small animal veterinarian for 14 years and I'd like to help.I suspect that label has more to do with regulations of over the counter medications and less to do with safety. We use it in 8 week old kittens on a regular basis. And that dose should be fine. You should't have any problems.
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 1 year ago.
It is a safe drug, even in a kitten.Please let me know if you have additional questions. If not, please don't forget to rate my answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your answer. I managed to call our vet as well and they said he should be fine but they told me not to buy any dewormer from pet stores. I used beapher do you know if it safe to use it or not? Thank you again.
Expert:  Dr. Stacy replied 1 year ago.
I would stick with prescription dewormers in the future too, but the Beapher piperazine should be safe.