Dr. Bruce
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with 15 years experience.
14018973

I think my cat was bitten above the eye. I think its

Customer Question

Hi, i think my cat was bitten above the eye. I think its infected. I got pix.
Unfortunately i find it impossible to put it in carrier and take it to the vet cos he freaks out and strikes violently. What can i do?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question. Can you post the pictures with the paper clip icon?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, honestly its not about money. He really panics everytime i hold it tight. And im on a wheelchair. I dont know what to. Rspca wont help to come and collect. What do u advice?
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for those good pictures. That area could be a bite or a scratch. Some will accidentally injure themselves if they are scratching themselves from ear issues, but the ear looks pretty good on that photo. Honestly, at this time with him being such a challenge to get into the vet, you could just monitor that area. In that location, a bite or scratch could just heal on its own with his functioning immune system. If the area starts to really swell, then cellulitis or an abscess could be happening. I wouldn't feel that stressing him out greatly is needed at this point. If he was easy going and easy to get to the vet, then having him seen and possibly antibiotics started would be a good idea. I wouldn't be overly worried at this point as a lot of male cats that are outside probably get in similar tussles and never have an issue from them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

I'm hoping for the best for this guy!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seems to be healing on its own without the need 4 antibiotics.
Again, thx for ur advice.