Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

Do cats need worming. My cat eats s dinner ok but then

Customer Question

Do cats need worming. My cat eats his dinner ok but then brings in a bird which he kills then eats.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** question, worming frequency and necessity does vary by individual and their personal risks. That said, if your lad is a keen hunter, then he should be kept up on worming monthly. This is because when he is eating these birds he is increasing his risk of ingesting parasitic cysts and eggs and therefore is much more likely to be carrying a significant worm burden as compared to an indoor cat that doesn't hunt. So, it would be consider a necessity for him to avoid infection from the wildlife he is eating.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond.

**Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )