Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

To feed a healthy diet how many tins of gourmet pate with

To feed a healthy diet how many tins of gourmet pate with veg should I feed in a day . My cat is quite big, but not fat?
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feed her 2 tins a day now.
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Ann, if you can tell me how old your cat is, confirm that he's neutered, and tell me his desired weight in kg, I can tell you the recommended kilocalories of food he should be eating daily. Once I tell you that, you then need to find out how many kilocalories are in each tin of food. If that information isn't on the label, the manufacturers's website usually has it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my cat is female, 14 years old and weighs 5kg. She is neutered.

Thank you. Her daily requirement is 325 kilocalories if you're happy with her at 5 kg. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

I see that you rated negatively but didn't respond to me. Did you need additional information? Did you have a problem navigating the site? Are you shooting the messenger?

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. You may receive an inappropriate follow-up from the site ostensibly sent by me. It wasn't and I apologize in advance should you receive it.