Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

Purrdi is a 12 year old lilac point british shorthair

Customer Question

Purrdi is a 12 year old lilac point british shorthair neutered female.She now spends most of her time deeply asleep. She at times wakes with a quite start. She has starting sneezing quite frequently and has brought two large strings of mucus. When asleep she snores . She does not seem to be in pain. She really hates the vet and from a very tranquil cat becomes very fierce and difficult to hold. she is a grazer for food, we feed her on Science plan Vetessentials Mature hard food as well as Gourmet Soups and she drinks a lot of water.She is quite regular
Category: Cat
Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Purrdi. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

How long has she been like this: sleeping most of the time, drinking more water, snoring and sneezing?

If you check her gums are they a normal bright pink or do they seem pale?

Is she eating as much as ever, or do you think she is eating less?

Thanks for the additional information; since I can't see and examine her, the more information I have the more I can help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 1 year ago.

How is Purrdi? I did not hear back from you!