Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

I rescued my cat 3 years ago, he was seven years old and had

I rescued my cat 3 years ago, he was seven years old and had behaviour problems. Since then I've never put him in a cattery when I go away, I have a neighbour feed him, as I didn't want him to think he was being returned again to a cattery. However he's been fighting with another cat and I think it would be safer, for a 2 week period, to put him in a cattery while he is away. Do you think he would be disturbed more if I took him back to the local cattery where I got him from? Should I find another cattery, would that be any better?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome, I am Dr. B and would like to help you today.

Given it has been years since he was in the cattery, it would be fine to use the one he originally was from. As well, if he does recall it from his past, it will be familiar and with people he may be more relaxed with the strangers ( since new tends to be more scary for cats). So I agree that this is the safer option with that other cat bothering him and the original cattery would be the better option of the two.

Please take care,
Dr. B
------------------------------------
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Afterwards, please make sure to rate my help ( using the stars or typing a rating) as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you. :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much, that has taken a weight off of my mind.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, my dear.

I am glad I could give you peace of mind. As well, just further I'd note consider taking his favourite cat bed or a towel/blanket that smells of home with him for extra comfort and familiarity while he is in the cattery.

All the best,

Dr. B