Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My cat is straining to go at back-end, is bloated and

Customer Question

My cat is straining to go at back-end, is bloated and uncomfortable. is drinking and eating, but occasionally is sick.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

Thanks for your question regarding your girl Garfield. How long has your girl been straining for? Is she straining to pee or poop? Is she on any other medications? What is her current diet and is she eating this as per normal?

I will wait to hear from you.

Dr E

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not pooping. Pee ok. Eating and drinking ok. Bloated. On wet food and milk. Not on other medications.
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that - how long has the straining been going on? How long has she been bloated and uncomfortable for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Couple days both bloated and strainging. She stands quite high on back pads to try and go. Makes a grunty noise.
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that - I am typing up a response now.

Dr E

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. Will go to vet.
Expert:  Pet Doc replied 1 year ago.

My apologies - I did send a response through, however there must be a bug in the system. In summary, the response was that your girl sounds like she is quite badly constipated and that this will likely require a full enema with sedation to settle. The best next step is a trip to the vet which you have already planned.

All the best and apologies again for the bug.

Dr E