Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

I have a 16 week old male kitte. he appears to have lost s

Customer Question

I have a 16 week old male kitte . he appears to have lost his longer whiskers on his right hand side of his face. the shorter ones are still there.
is this normal?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 12 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

This is unusual but not uncommon. Cats shed their whiskers just as they do with any other hair. So, this is not abnormal. Though we may just be seeing a number lost in a short space of time if he caught them on something, burnt them (if the ones left have singed edges), had them chewed on by another kitty, or has overgrooming that side of face due to irritation. In any case, they will regrow with time, so we should see them return in the next few weeks.

All the best,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need as this is how I am credited for assisting you today. Thank you! : )