Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

My 2 year old female cat has gone off her food in the past 2

Customer Question

My 2 year old female cat has gone off her food in the past 2 days. She is a mostly indoor cat but has access to the back garden where she does her poos so I can't tell if there's a problem with this.
She appears normal in every other way and has not vomited that I know of. But she isn't eating her food or treats and even turned down smoked salmon which is her favourite! What do u suggest?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

Any retching, gagging, lip licking, drooling, or fecal staining around her rectum (a hint of diarrhea even if we don't know what she is passing)?

Is she drinking normally?

Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi her gums seem pale and she is not drinking- her belly appears ok she doesn't seem in discomfort and no sign of diarrhoea - it IS possible she has eaten something whilst outside as there's a large green area that she likes to run around in with lots of plants and trees etc- should I keep her indoors for a couple of days to check her poo and see if she starts to eat again?
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 year ago.

Are they paler then usual for her?

Any breathing changes?