Dr. Bruce
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with 15 years experience.
14018973

I have a kitten of three month old. She has been with two

I have a kitten of three month old. She has been with two weeks. She has had a loose bowel since arrival ,eats constantly (grazing not gorging) and drinks a lot !!! She seems happy n healthy in every other aspect. She is an indoor cat.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for giving this little one a good new home. Has she been to your vet yet for any health check? What food is she eating normally?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No vet yet just registered her with our local vet ... Dry kitten food but she also eats our adult dry food coz our other two cats dishes are down. But my other two cats,see fine n healthy ?
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

That is great that the other two cats are doing well at this time. Hopefully they are adjusting to her addition to the family well. In a situation like this with a new kitten having loose bowls this persistently, intestinal parasitism / coccidia / giardia would all be very big suspicions. What would be a great thing to do here is to get her to your vet to have her checked over with a physical exam. Here at 9 weeks of age, she can be started on her vaccine series. They can at this time also do a fecal evaluation to see if any of the things mentioned prior are there and need to be specifically treated. If they are, they can do that. Some cats can have dietary sensitivity and certain foods just give them loose stools.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok that's cool but what can I do to help her in the meantime??? Until I can get her to the vet ?
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Until you get to the vet, I would continue to make sure that she's eating well, playing well, being a kitten and being well loved. I wouldn't try to give her anything specific for the stools. You could try to change her diet to another brand of kitten food to see if that helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks so I presume worming her wont help?
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

There are over the counter dewormer medications out there. IF one was obtained and given at the right dosage, it may help if say round worms were the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will buy one tommorow ... I presumed I had some as i usually have them in bulk (3 cats) but I have only got adult ones .....
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

Make sure on any over the counter medications, the weight and age requirements are met.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Always ... I have my partner check it all for me. Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 1 year ago.

I'm hoping for the best for this little one! Take care.