Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My cat has a swelling on the right side of the cheek just

My cat has a facial swelling on the right side of the cheek just underneath the jawline. He has just also peed in his bed with is very unusual of him as he never wees inside the home. He is 7 years old
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.

Lisa, does Bailey go outside where he could have gotten into a cat fight? That's a common place for a bite wound abscess to form. His marking his bed suggests that he's anxious about another cat nearby...the cat that might have bitten him.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he does out, he's been in a few fair cat fights over the years and last time was over 2 years ago. This doesnt look like a cat bite but i could be wrong. He hasnt eaten or drank water in 2 days. As soon as the vet opens in the morning. I shall be taking him. Thanks

Sounds good. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.

Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it.