Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My cat keeps meowing a lot more than the usual, its not all

My cat keeps meowing a lot more than the usual, its not all through the day, it seems to be more in the evening. she has food in her bowl and water and her liter tray is fine. Dis is unusual for me so im a lil concered, what shud i do?
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Has she been spayed?

Has anything changes at home (ie routine, people visiting, pets, cats outside, etc)?

Does she have any signs of discomfort or pain?

Is she eating and drinking and otherwise normal?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No she hasn't been spayed, she's a indoor cat so doesn't go outside. No changes in my household. She doesn't seem like she's in pain, but last night seemed a Lil like she was feeling discomfort at times.. more time she doesnt seem like she's feeling discomfort. I did notice she's not eating as much as usual but I'm not sure if it's because she doesn't want it anymore she may want something different. I noticed I brought wet food and she finished it quick and left the dry food but was searching for more wet food. She's been daydreaming a bit like she is zoning out.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 6 months ago.

If she is vocalizing more but there has been no changes at home, no signs of discomfort and perhaps she is standing still in places with her tail +/- her bum raised; then I would be most suspicious that she may be coming into heat/season. This is the most common reason for a young unspayed female cat to show such behaviour changes. Therefore, you will want to make sure she has no access to entire males, monitor her, and consider a check with a view to spaying by her vet (since once in heat they can do so every 2 weeks) if our suspicions are confirmed.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, please rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience: I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.