Dr. B.
Dr. B., Cat Veterinarian
Experience:  I am a small animal veterinarian with a special interest in cats and am happy to discuss any questions you have.
60269376

My cat has had the FCV since he was a kitten. He is sneezing

Customer Question

My cat has had the FCV since he was a kitten. He is sneezing all the time and I am having to wipe his nose. I am having uti's all the time and I was wonderingif my cat could be the cause.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today.

Good news! Feline calicivirus (FCV) is not a virus that can be spread to people. Therefore, you don't have to be worried that this is playing a role in your UTIs. Willow is innocent. If anything, you may be developing UTIs because you are immune suppressed, have a resistant bacterial infection that isn't being cleared, or that you may have an underlying issue making you prone to this type of infection. In any case and in regards ***** ***** question, neither Willow nor the FCV will be playing a role in your signs but you will want to see a doctor if you are struggling with UTIs yourself.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you I am so glad that Willow isn't the cause of me having UTI's all the time. I love him and he loves me, he never leaves my side.I had a dream that he was, which is the reason why I contacted you.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 10 months ago.

You are very welcome, my dear.

I am glad I could give you peace of mind and let you know that he isn't causing these for you. :)

Have a lovely weekend,

Dr. B.