Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

I dont know if you can help me I have rscues a stray kitten

Customer Question

Hi i dont know if you can help me
I have rscues a stray kitten about three weeks ago that had maggots eating at a cut on its tail, it was so bad we had to cut the tail off leaving only a stump and we bandaged it o for a week we then washed the kit after removing the bandage and the tail stump was healing fine.
More recently I noticed that wild mangy foxes was in our garden and sniffing at the kitten, we chased them away and now since yesterday I noticed that the cat was frothing and wheezing and its back legs appear to be losing fur due to some skin issues looks like mange from the fx, we put tee tree oil on it but fear that its suffering, now eating but limping and furr looks like its falling off in the lower affected areas. What shoud I do?
Giane King***********
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why can't I get an answer to my question as yet?? I have been waiting all day here for a reply and its frustrating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you are asking me for, sure you can live phone call me on the number previously supplied if that is what you mean.
Expert:  Dr White replied 1 year ago.

I'm very sorry for your wait, but I'd like to help. Did the foxes ever try to touch, bite or chase the kitten? Do you see fleas on the kitten(look on the belly and on the tail base)? Ringworm is also possible...you may need to get a prescription from your veterinarian to completely resolve the problem..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Obviously u not able to help us so I guess its best to cancel our subscription now.. Thanks for nothing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the foxes must have chased the KIt and not much fleas noted as she has a collar on but her back legs and abdomen losing fur. flaking skin and bones / joint seem like its painful to walk. Thanks previous message sent by my son who was fed up with waiting