Dr. Joey
Dr. Joey, Board Certified
Experience:  15 yrs in practice, specialist canine/feline medicine
20970409

Is it possible to send a picture? I have been feeding what i

Customer Question

Is it possible to send a picture? I have been feeding what i believe to be a stray cat whom has had various scabs and cuts, tick and now a strange looking thing growing on it. Its brown and looks like bark of a tree.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Hello Diane, yes, you can post a picture via the "add on" button next to your reply button.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi i should have attached picture. I have been feeding cat for couple months ..only noticed this today. Didnt see yrsterday. We have tried to get in cat box to take to vet to see if chipped but very scared. Wont stay in house.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

1- Do you feel comfortable in saying this was not there yesterday?

2- Can you get close to him and see if this attached only the fur or is it coming from the skin?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi he is away for night. I will try tomorrow and let you know. Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 year ago.

Okay, thanks.