Dr. Bruce
Dr. Bruce, Veterinarian
Experience:  Small animal veterinarian with 15 years experience.
14018973

My cat is an indoor cat with quite a thick cost but I've

My cat is an indoor cat with quite a thick cost but I've just realized that I've left the heating on set at 26 degrees C ... and can't get home till about 1pm .. I left home at 3am for work.. do you think he'll be ok ? And not overheat.
Category: Cat
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 9 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question. I wouldn't be overly worried about that situation. He should be just fine. If you want to think about this situation, it will help you to feel better about this. If he as a stray cat outside on a 37 degree Celcius day, he should be fine as long as he's in a shaded area, has ample access to water, and isn't over stimulated. Stray cats are out in those temperatures all the time and they can be just fine as long as these conditions are met.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He has 2 bowls of fresh water and I feed him both sachet type cat food and some dry cat food.

That is good that he's got that water available. Honestly, I wouldn't be overly worried that he'll overheat in that temperature in your house. He should be just fine.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks for that. I had him from a rescue centre and was told he used to be a stray. Thanks again. ☺

I'm glad he found you! Give him a good petting for me when you get home!