Dr. Michael Salkin
Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience.
55012488

My cat has been prescribed destolit 0.25 once a day.. also

my cat has been prescribed destolit 0.25 once a day. . also sinulukux twice a day . 2days in she has been eating again. but now has been vomiting everything she ate .should I temporally stop them. or is the dose to high.
Assistant: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your cat will be able to digest that. What is the cat's name and age?
Customer: she is aprox 15. she is called purdy.
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about purdy?
Customer: don't think so. she is a little under weight.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
she is being treated for liver problem
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking with Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.

I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. Destolit is a bile acid ordinarily well-tolerated by cats. I don't believe it should be incriminated in Purdy's vomiting. Sinulukux couldn't be found. Please check the spelling of that drug and I'll see if it could be problematic.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
anti biotic synulox is the other medication for purdy.

Thank you. Synulox is the antibiotic amoxicillin/clavulanate which is known to cause gastrointestinal distress in the form of inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea. Yes, it would be prudent to stop its administration and let Purdy's vet know that you've done so. Please continue our conversation if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
thanks I will take your advice'

You're quite welcome. Thank you for your kind accept. I appreciate it. I can't set a follow-up in this venue so please return to our conversation - even after rating - with an update at your convenience. You can bookmark this page for ease of return.