DocPaul
DocPaul, Veterinarian
Experience:  20+ yrs Experience. Int. Med, Emerg, Ultrasound, General Practice
20798050

I have an elderly (approx. 18 years) female house cat who

I have an elderly (approx. 18 years) female house cat who has started over the last two days sleeping in her litter tray. She has also been yowling after eating her wet food & also visiting the litter tray for the usual reasons. I had noticed that she had been drinking more water of late, especially after eating the dried food.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Cat
Expert:  DocPaul replied 1 month ago.

Dr. Paul Brazzell.

That is an old cat :).

Could be a lot of things: Behavioural, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, liver or kidney disease, low potassium to name a few.

I would strongly recommend a physical examination and blood and urine tests. That is the only way you are going to get to the bottom of this.

Please feel free to review the findings with me when you have the results back.

Sincerely, Paul