Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

I am trying to charge a Motorola Razor mobile phone and it

Customer Question

I am trying to charge a Motorola Razor mobile phone and it says not charging although when connected to a power supply the phone does work. Does this mean that my BR50 Lithium battery is dead and I need to replace it?
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard.

No, this is the battery conditioning. The phone runs the battery down completly, usually once a month, and then allows it to charge again.

This you should always do with Lithium battery as it avoids any battery memory issues.

Nearly all smartphones do this now days. Once it runs flat (about 2% power) it will then allow charging.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.