Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

I need to stop someone ( havent a clue who) to stop sending

I need to stop someone ( haven't a clue who) to stop sending me UK News headlines on My Mobile phone I cannot remember setting it up. I do not want them. Please can you help me? Eileen Hassall
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Are they emails or SMS messages you are being sent?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

IT IS SMS messages on my very simple MOBILE phone I USE Vodafone on a large numbered TT fone I hardly send any texts myself I only really have my phone for emergencies Hope that is enough for you if not I will leave all this for my daughter to sort it out at the week end

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, most of these can be stopped by messaging a reply

STOP

to them

Can you reply to the text with this Eileen as this stops most of these services.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY BUT WHAT NUMBER TO I TEXT ?THIS 41117 comes up as wrong number Eileen

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Did you reply to the text?

Or send a new text?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have just replied to the latest text they have just sent -- they replied "Sorry we did not recognise your request. please check the subscription and try a different service go to http;//live.vodafone.co.uk/alert "

Hope that might help you I have never paid a Subscription to my knowledge although they are charging me as my balance goes down Eileen

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, then it looks to be coming from Vodafone.

But contact vodaphone and they can cancel this for you.

Can you do this now pleas Eileen?

Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yES I WILL EMAIL THEM NOW BUT WILL I LOOSE ALL YOUR INFORMATION IF I GO TO MY EMAILS ? I HAVE PUT THEM IN THE sAVE FILE

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
No you wont Eileen, you just return here.

But it would be better if you called them. Can you call them?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello Richard, Voderfone said it wasn`t them nor were they charging me they told me who this 41117 number is XXXXX and to ring them ,so I did, and now its all done. Many thank for all your help and advice I don't know if I have lost the faces I was going to tick the excellence one Eileen

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Good work Eileen!

We just needed to track it down which we did.

You can click on one of the faces below to do the rating.