Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

i have a iphone 5 c and it keeps saying no service or searching

Customer Question

i have a iphone 5 c and it keeps saying no service or searching can u tell me if there is a problem with the network
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.

I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.

•ANSWER•

This issue can be caused with bad network, but sometimes issue can be glitch in the software on your phone. Please perform the procedures below to be sure that problem is not on your side.

First of all reset your phone:
A. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 25 seconds (until the Apple logo appears).

Please try this procedure at least 3 times.

If that doesn't help please try solution below:
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Remove and clean SIM card (if you have SIM card in your phone)
3. One of the best ways to clean your SIM contacts is to use a pencil eraser or rubber. Simply lay the SIM flat on a desk and gently rub the gold coloured SIM contacts with the rubber. Then blow off the bits of rubber and finally wipe with a dry piece of kitchen towel.
4. Replace SIM card
5. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least 25 seconds (until the Apple logo appears).

Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.

If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi todd cant get the sim out tryed taking it off of automatic in setting but nother is the net work down

Hi Jennifer,

Thank you for your reply.

To remove SIM card locate the small hole on the phone's side. Unfold a paperclip and slide an end into the hole.

Please check the picture below (instruction how to remove SIM card).

If you still have problem to remove SIM card try the solutions below please:

1. Toggle airplane mode: Tap Settings > Enable Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn off airplane mode.

2. Reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Please keep me updated. I'll be waiting for your reply.

Regards,

Todd

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi done what you said it comes up network not available

Thank you Jennifer.

Just to confirm, did you get your phone directly from provider or reseller (unlocked phone)?

Is this the first time you encounter this kind of issue?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi i got it from thedirectly from the provider it was on orange but now on e e and yes this the first time i have had any trouble with it but last week i did down load the new ios 7,8 but its been ok up til now

Thank you very much for additional information Jennifer.

For the reason that none of the previous solutions works there is probably problem on the network or your SIM card is defective. Your phone passed the test, so there is no problem on your side.

My suggestion is to contact your provider for more information about problem with the network coverage in your area or account issues that could cause these symptoms (sorry I don't have that information). Their phone number is XXXXX 966 250.

I'm very sorry because I did not solve your problem. I gave my best to find a solution.

If you are not satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record (very damaging for me). Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button (just reply "Please refund my deposit") and I'll connect you with our refund office (your deposit will be refunded).

Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok thanks for your help i no i have paid my bill so it cant be that and i cant get the sim out will pop in the phone shop tomorrow

Oh, unpaid bill is probably the reason for this issue (for that reason I said "account issue"). Before you visit you should pay the bill.

If that doesn't help the next step will be to visit the shop.

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information. I'll be happy to provide you with more help.

Best Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have paid my bill two weks ago so that is not the issue at all

I apologize for misunderstanding.

If your bill is paid on time the issue is not related to your account. There is a issue with provider network or SIM card.

Let me know if you need more information.

If you are not satisfied with my help please use the link below to request refund - click here

Regards,
Todd