Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

The screen on my iphone 4 has suddenly magnified,. It hads

The screen on my iphone 4 has suddenly magnified,. It hads happened a couple of times before but on those occasions I managed to power the phone off and on again which worked. This time I cant. I did 'slide to power off' but then myPIN code was needed and the screen is too big to be able to do that. I can press the first number, but I cant get to the left hand column to put in the second number without touching the wrong number. Now the phone is disabled but the same will happen if I try again. Help please. No one else I knw wit an iphone seems to have had the problem but I also had I with my previous phone (£G)
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please hold the power and home button on the phone, until you see the Apple Logo, then release.

Then let it restart, and it should now function correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That has worked. Thanks. But what causes it?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
The zoom feature was turned on Sally

If it happens again, Do a three finger tap on the screen to unzoom the screen. After you do this, turn zoom off in settings

From your iPhone or iPad home screen, tap Settings, General, Accessibility, Zoom, then switch Zoom to Off.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.