Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

Hi! Am on Skype here in UK and need advice! Am going to Norway.

Customer Question

Hi! Am on Skype here in UK and need advice! Am going to Norway. Wanted to get a Skype Mob number for my I phone to use whilst but told by Skype in Norway they dont do this! EEEK! Now this seems ridiculous considering friends in Norway use it on their mobiles etc!

Any ideas...???

What I wanted to do, as Norwegian phone calls cost a fortune, is to forward my homeline to it... (if nec just leave an answer on that to rering this other number so I can pick up.) Reroute my Iphone normal UK calls to it and Send and receive calls in Norway.....!!

and ideas batman
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Skype does not have it for Norway, nor is the any plans soon. Sweden and Denmark, yes, but not Norway.

There is another service though you can use, it provides the same functionality as what you want from Skype.

It is called FlyNumber, and can be used on your Smartphone.

This does have numbers for Norway and you can see this here

http://www.flynumber.com/virtual-phone-number/norway

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Richard for responding! Sorry taken longer to come back to you due to rather a lot of problems have had to sort out! My husband who is disabled's Carer after 7 months didnt turn up for work and has walked off job although I was taking her to Norway... so been awful.

Yes dear, please can you keep helping me!

Thank you for the fly number site. Silly question dear..... do I sign up for it in Norway when there or do I sign up for the number in UK. ? Am probably being v. thick but just havent got the time to read all the gumph on it. Have an I phone 4S.

So want to be able to use my Iphone for the time I am in Norway and Denmark.

So when it asks me where to send the calls... is it a regular phone or.. one of the other categories?? voip or ...... plus send the calls to....... my Vodaphone number???? or what! Also wouldnt Vodaphone kick in and charge me for anything forwarded!! or coming in?

Plus wont I need to download something onto my phone??

Also it is saying something about sip address?? etc so am getting confused!! Sorry if am being thick!

eeek ! Sorry sorry ...... If i can get you online could you talk me through it dear? As am in such a panic about going on Friday by car! Right thru Denmark and via 2 ships!! Many thanks

Carrie-ann

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Its no problem at all!

You can sign up for it while in the UK

You install an App on the phone (it is VOIP) and the complete instructions on this are below

http://www.flynumber.com/blog/how-to-use-your-ios-android-or-windows-phone-to-receive-unlimited-incoming-calls/

Feel free to ask if you would like more information please Carrie-Ann

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do I have to set up and download this sip thing whilst on my phone or can i do that bit on my laptop?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
All of it is on the phone Carrie, so install it on the phone please.