Randy SmartphoneTech
Randy SmartphoneTech, Technician
Experience:  Smartphone technician.
62741268

Hi, I have a samsung galaxy S2 19100. Recently when I charged

Customer Question

Hi, I have a samsung galaxy S2 19100. Recently when I charged it and switched on it gave the usual tune and picture but did not get me into the main menu, it just kept flashing up the name of the phone.
I have a new phone, however I have a few photos, contact + videos on the samsung Id like to retrieve. Do I need to see an expert?
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Randy SmartphoneTech replied 3 years ago.

Hi Margaret,

My name isXXXXX will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
Please follow these steps:

1. Remove the battery from the phone.
  2. Re-insert the battery.
  3. Press and hold the Menu key.
  4. While holding the Menu key, turn on the device.
  5. When you see the lock screen, you can release the Menu key.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Randy, Unfortunately this does not work, the lock screen does not appear. The phone switches on and over and over shows the S symbol along with Samsung Galaxy SII.

Is there any other option? Thank you

Okay, unfortunately this means that the firmware is glitched and will need to be reinstalled. There willl be no way to retrieve any unsaved data, however if your pictures and videos are on the sd card they will be safe and you can view them after the hard reset. Please follow these steps>
  1. Press and hold both Volume Up and Volume Down keys at the same time.
  2. Press the Power key only until the phone vibrates once, then release only the Power key.
  3. Continue to hold the Volume up and Volume Down keys until the Android System Recovery screen appears.
  4. Press the Volume Down key to highlight wipe cache partition.
  5. Press the Home(GB only) or Power(ICS only) key to select.
  6. Make sure Reboot System Now is highlighted and press the Home (or Power key to reboot.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Randy, I appreciate your advice, however, despite following your steps, all I can see is the Samsung logo when switching power on. I tried holding down the volume followed by power button but nothing, no vibration as noted. Unfortunately I do have photos which I believe are on the hard memory. Could those be retrieved by an expert getting into the components of the phone? Are there any other steps for me to try?

No, unfortunately when the firmware is corrupted there are no other ways to get to the pictures. I am sorry.