Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

I bought a new sony xperia E phone yesterday but it wont let

I bought a new sony xperia E phone yesterday but it won't let me do anything on it. I have entered the number I was sent but it says sorry try again.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

It is asking for the code to unlock the SIM card correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It isn't asking for anything, there is a keypad on the screen with the numbers 1 0 on it the time and the date and a flashing icon that is all.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, it appears the firmware crashed Caroline.

Can you press the power button and choose to power off.

Once it is off, power it on and tell me if it is still getting stuck on this screen please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I did try this last night and I have just tried it now and the screen is still the same.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.

We will then reinstall the firmware Caroline.

To do this
Turn off the Phone

Press and Hold together: Power Button + Volume Up Button for several seconds

Follow the menu at LCD screen to continue the hard reset of the phone and when it has completed, tell me if it is now functioning please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been holding them for several minutes and nothing is happening at all.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Did you ensure the phone was completely off Caroline? And not just the screen turned off?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it said that the phone was turning off. I will try again. It has bussed and gone off but there isn't anything on the screen.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
ok, if it buzzed and went off it is now totally off.

Now try the procedure please.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

All that has happened, is that it bussed again came back on to the same screen.

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX the problem

It is the internal memory that has faulted.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to stall.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.