Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

re htc desire c the buttons on the bottom of the opening screen

Customer Question

re htc desire c the buttons on the bottom of the opening screen have stopped working ??
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is Richard and I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This can be the firmware.

Can you go to Settings, Applications, Applications Manager.

Look under the list ALL for GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK

Press it and press Clear Data.

Then restart the phone and tell me if the buttons now work please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the words applications & applications manager does not appear under settings now i cant get back toopening sceenewithout switing off

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
If you have the HTC Desire C it will be there unless you have a custom firmware.

What is listed under settings?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

airplane mode,wi-fi,blue tooth,mobile network,personalise,accounts&sync,location,security,privacy,accessability,display,soundcall,apps,storage,

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Ok, press on Apps.

Then look under the list ALL for GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK

Press on it and press Clear Data.

Restart the phone and tell me if the buttons now function please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no change im afraid !!

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
Thanks Eric.

We will have to reinstall the firmware.

This is going to remove all data and return the phone to new, so backup any data first you wish to keep.

Then go to Settings, Privacy and press on Factory Data Reset.

If you do not see it there, go to Settings, Storage.

Run the Factory Reset and when it has completed, setup the phone like when you first received it and tell me if the buttons are now working please.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

richard,i will have to get back to you because i will have to back up my data ok?

Expert:  Richard replied 3 years ago.
That is no problem Eric.

Once we do the reset though, we know if the firmware was the issue (in which case the buttons work) or if it is a hardware fault (if the buttons still do not work) which would require the phone to be replaced.

You know this after doing my last instructions.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.