Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service.
63849745

The mobile phone I bought in April

The mobile phone I bought in April ceased to work last night. The battery was getting low - so I plugged it in to charge it up - and it promptly died. WHAT can be wrong with it???? It is only a few months old & I am paying monthly for it to run smoothly - and this is what happens??? Please get back to me asap on this machine. Julia XXXXX XXXX

Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 2 years ago.
Welcome and thanks for your question.
I'm Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

What is the full brand and model name of your cell phone?
Who is your cell phone provider?
Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

motorola

EE & Tmobile

Thank you Julia.
What is the model of your Motorola cell phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

moto x

Please note that electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to find solution for your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not resolve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record - very damaging for me). Please use "Reply to Expert" button instead.
•ANSWER•
Sometimes your phone can be unresponsive and keep you from using the device properly (the most important reason for this issue can be glitch in the software). If there is no hardware issue on the device, some of the solutions below should resolve this issue.
Please follow the steps below to reset your device:
1. Press and hold the power button for exactly 35 seconds.
2. After 35 seconds, release the power button.
3. Wait 2 minute, then turn on your phone.
If that doesn't work, please try the procedure below:
1. Press and hold the Volume DOWN and Power button at the same time for exactly 15 seconds.
2. After 15 seconds, release the power button.
If the previous procedure doesn't work, perform the procedure below:
1. Plug the phone into the charger for 10 minutes.
2. After 10 minutes (while still plugged in) press and hold Power (slide and hold) button for 35 seconds.
3. Allow up to 3 minutes for the phone to reboot.
Please try all solutions (step by step) and let me know if that works. I'll be waiting for your reply.
If none of those solutions works or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button and I'll provide you with the next step.
Kind Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Smile I think it is now charging - albeit more slowly than ever before...

Anyway, thanks for that. The main phone line appears to be down too - so it was feeling a bit isolated!

You're welcome. I'm glad that I could help.
That was a glitch in the software that prevented device to work/charge properly.
Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more information.
If you are satisfied with my personal service (my effort to help) please don't forget to rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.
Thanks for using our service.
Best Regards,
Todd
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Smile

Hi Julia,
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?
Please let me know. I will be happy to help with any follow up questions.
Regards,
Todd