Wes
Wes, Consultant
Experience:  3 Years phone support experience
63083622

i have a lost sonny bravia phone in my house , i know this

Customer Question

i have a lost sonny bravia phone in my house , i know this because my blue tooth keeps picking it up on my phone .
i dont know the number so therefore i cannot ring it to find it someone keeps sending it a message as my phone picks up the signal when its laying on the radio .
i really need to find this phone as its driving me mad as it buzzes throught the day and night .
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Wes replied 3 years ago.
Wes :

My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Please favorite or bookmark this page press CTRL+D, so you can return here if we get disconnected.

Wes :

Sounds like an interesting problem.

Wes :

First of all I wanted to make sure you understand that we're not affiliated with your wireless company, we are a separate pay-for-support provider.

Wes :

If that was not your impression, please state that when you return.

Wes :

Did someone tell you they lost their cell phone in your home? I also don't think someone is sneaking into your house and charging the phone just to annoy you. If that's happening, you have a bigger problem on your hands. Your phone, if it is near your radio speaker is what is causing that speaker to buzz, not the lost Bravia phone. Cell phones (even older ones) when they are on, frequently exchange data with their carrier, towers, etc. The signals emitted by the phone are strong enough to induct current in speakers and speaker wiring, so you can hear noise from a speaker even if it is off. This can be especially true with small clock-radio speakers. You can stop the annoying buzzing by moving your phone further away from the speaker making the buzzing sound (or you can turn the phone off at night).

Bluetooth has a range of 30m (60m in newer versions). I don't know what the population density is near you but if you are in any kind of city with other homes nearby, that is easily enough range to where you are probably seeing a neighbor's phone.

Wes :

I see you've disconnected. When you would like to continue our conversation, type a response in the box below and hit the reply button. I will be sent a message that you have reconnected and I will reconnect to you as soon as I can.