Ansh P.
Ansh P., Engineer
Experience:  4+ years of experience with smartphones
14055801

Hello My phone fell into water - it has come back on and

Customer Question

My phone fell into water - it has come back on and is working but the screen is upside down is there anything can be done about this ?
thanks
Norma
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
What model phone is it?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Its a Huawei

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Ok most Huawei phones are androids. If the screen is upside down turn the phone itself right side up. Then tilt it towards you. When you do that the screen should flip on its own. If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Great I will try that thanks - only thing is I do not have my phone with me right now so I would have to get back to you tomorrow is that possible ?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Yes you can get back to me by going to justanswer.co.uk and clicking on my questions at the top.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Perfect I will do that do thanks

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You're welcome.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Good morning

Unfortunately that did not work

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
What happened when you tried it? Can you give me the model of the Huawei?Is it an Ascend?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing happened it stayed exactly the same. It is an ascend Y530

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hold down the power button and when given the option to restart turn it right side up. Then choose the restart option.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No sorry that doesnt work either. It seems to be backwards as regards ***** ***** as well as upside down
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I apologize but I need to opt out.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok no problem - it looks like the phone is of no more use to me :(

Expert:  Ansh P. replied 2 years ago.
Try the below method please:

Soft Reset:
Turn the phone off > Remove the battery > Wait for a minute > Plug back the battery > Turn the phone on.

If that fails, backup the data on the phone if you need it and go for a factory reset:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EVDXR8SYds

If that does not fixes the issue, unfortunately there may be something wrong with the phone's hardware. Please let me know how it goes!