Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Technician
Experience:  Mobile Phone technician.
25267123

I can no longer hear the other person or their ringing tone.

Customer Question

I can no longer hear the other person or their ringing tone. There seems to be something different with the HOLD sign.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  p0llinate replied 2 years ago.
Nathan :

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Nathan :

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

JACUSTOMER-l2iogo0q- :

Will answer to-morrow

Nathan :

No problem, take your time and get back with me whenever it is convenient for you. I am in the US though, on a much different time zone. If I'm offline when you reply I'll follow up with you as soon as I'm able.

JACUSTOMER-l2iogo0q- :

No multiple handsets

JACUSTOMER-l2iogo0q- :

Mobile Phone

JACUSTOMER-l2iogo0q- :

dont understand dsl

JACUSTOMER-l2iogo0q- :

samsung GTS5570

Nathan :

The questions I asked were in relation to a home phone. You posted your question here in the phone systems category.

Nathan :

I'll have it transferred to the cell phone section so that another expert can assist you.

Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 2 years ago.
Press and hold Volume Up and Power Button for 5 secs. Device will turn off and restart again. Let me know if the problem persists.