barrenrock
barrenrock, Customer Service
Experience:  Cell phones expert
24111805

I have an iphone 5 (not 5s)...I took 7 minutes of video and

I have an iphone 5 (not 5s)...I took 7 minutes of video and it said I had no more space for photos or video...how can I increase this please...is there a card I can insert into the iphone 5 to give me say 30 minutes or 1 hour video?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  barrenrock replied 2 years ago.
barrenrock :

Hi, my name is***** are you today?

Customer:

ok

barrenrock :

Good.

barrenrock :

About your question...

barrenrock :

There is no SD card slot in any of the iPhones or iPads, so you cannot add storage this way.

Customer:

how then?

barrenrock :

Apps and music share your storage, so one way to get more storage is to delete large apps and music files.

barrenrock :

There are several other solutions, though.

Customer:

I like spotify...should I delete it?

barrenrock :

No, it's a small app.

barrenrock :

Apps that take a lot of space are usually games with high-def graphics.

Customer:

don't have any games...or not that I know of...I have a guitar player app

barrenrock :

There is also an external drive you can connect, see it HERE

barrenrock :

Or this one.

barrenrock :

Or - you can sell your current phone and buy a new phone, with more storage. You can get an iPhone 5 with 64GB, or iPhone 6 with 128GB.

Customer:

THINK I HAVE 16GB currently...those devices...16 gb must be about 7 minutes of video then?

barrenrock :

No, 16GB will give you about 30 minutes - but that's if your phone is empty. If you have music, apps, other videos, etc - you will have less, of course.

Customer:

can you suggest any apps I may have that are big space users...iTunes I like..Skype I like...how can I find out and delete accordingly

barrenrock :

You can actually see which apps take up the most space.

barrenrock :

Go to Settings.

Customer:

settings yes

barrenrock :

General.

barrenrock :

Usage.

barrenrock :

Touch Manage Storage.

barrenrock :

Wait for it to refresh, it will show you all your apps, and how much they are taking, sorted size.

Customer:

yes whatsapp is a big one !

barrenrock :

That's the data, your chats and videos/pics you got and sent.

Customer:

scanner is the biggest it seems

Customer:

passbook I never use!

barrenrock :

Also, it's the data (the scans) - not the app itself.

barrenrock :

Well, anything you don't need, you can delete - and make some free space.

Customer:

is transferring anything to icloud going to help me...it says I have 4 gb of 5 available

barrenrock :

No, it's just backup I'm afraid.

Customer:

do I need pdf?

barrenrock :

No, you don't.

Customer:

mail is 72 mb is that one account email?if I delete emails does that help?

barrenrock :

Yes, if you delete emails (especially large ones with attachments), it will take the space down.

Customer:

basically delete any apps I don't use and either buy one of the devices to add size or upgrade phone?

barrenrock :

Exactly.

Customer:

final question do you know which mobile has the most video space?

Customer:

more than 128

barrenrock :

On iPhones, 128 is the max. On Android phones (Samsung or HTC) you can add an SD card, so it's easy to add as much as you want, and you can record, swap the card, record, swap the card, etc.

Customer:

ok thank you very much very helpful

barrenrock :

My pleasure! Kindly rate me below if you can. Thanks!

Customer:

ok thank you bye

barrenrock :

Bye :)

barrenrock, Customer Service
Experience: Cell phones expert