Joel Kalman
Joel Kalman, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have a Huawei Ascend G 300 purchased last December. My 16GB

Customer Question

I have a Huawei Ascend G 300 purchased last December. My 16GB SD card is less than 50% full but when I try to download Apps from Playstore I get the 'insufficient storage' message. Can you advise?
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Joel Kalman replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I can help your with your problem. My goal is to provide excellent customer service.
The symptoms you describe indicate that the most significant address bit on your sd memory card may be defective. You can test the memory card if you have an sd memory card reader on your computer.
If not, the best way to troubleshoot this problem is to purchase a replacement sd memory card and transfer the files from one card to the other, by using the usb cable to connect your phone to your computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am not satisfied with this advice, There is no fault whatsoever with my SD memory card as it works perfectly well in another device.

I reserve my right to a refund from Just Answer.

Robin,

I can accept that your sd card works in other devices, but I do not know that it can be filled to more than half capacity. You could test that, by transferring enough files onto it temporarily to at least partially fill the upper half of its memory. It does not matter what those files are, as long as they can be copied successfully. They can be deleted from the sd card afterwards. This can be done in your phone, by using the usb cable to connect it to your computer, or it can be done in another device.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My SD card is working with the same amount of data as was on it before.

Robin,
You asked me to advise you about your external sd card in your phone that will accept any more data, even though it is less than half full. My advice is to use your computer to see if you can copy files, just as a test, onto your external sd card in your phone.
If you cannot load the memory with files, so that it holds more than 8GB, somewhere between 8GB and 16GB, let's say 12GB, then that means there is either something wrong with the memory or something wrong with the phone. You can erase the files afterwards.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I understand what you are saying. However as far as I can see there is nothing wrong with the SD card.

Have you done the test that I have recommended to see if the memory will hold more data than it shows in your phone? How much data were you able to copy onto the card using your computer?