Freddy M.
Freddy M., Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Have a battery pack for my iphone 5...to give extra

Have a battery pack for my iphone 5...to give extra power...theres a small light built into the design...a kind of flashlite/torch...and it won't go off...no switch...and cannot get it to turn off...should I just perhaps smash the bulb don't need the light...what do you think?its called a Powerbank and has a 1amp and 2 amp output and charges to 30000mAh...looks Chinese...

Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
It sounds like you have a version of this: Click Here or this one: Click Here?

On either type the light is a power LED to show that the device is getting and sending power to the iPhone.
I would not suggest smashing the bulb rather put a piece of black electrical tape over it instead.
That way if the power bank stops working you can check that light to see if it is getting power or not.

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.