Steve G.
Steve G., Electronics Engineer
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company.
329447

Hi whats the best way in UK of getting internet on my mini

Hi whats the best way in UK of getting internet on my mini ipad apple WITHOUT Wi Fi...ie a dongle or a sim card with unlimited-not contracts
Steve G. :

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

Steve G. :

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help.

Steve G. :

Let me know when you are there.

Customer:

hi steve

Customer:

just that will be in between internet contracts and without wifi for about 2 weeks

Steve G. :

Ok, the iPad doesn't have USB so you can't use a dongle.

Steve G. :

You could try one of these:

Steve G. :

Hold on...

Steve G. :

https://www.o2.co.uk/shop/hotspots/zte-mf60/o2-pocket-hotspot/

Steve G. :

It's a pocket hotspot.

Steve G. :

Your iPad connects to it via WiFi and then it connects via 3G/4G

Steve G. :

I'm not sure that you are going to get any kind of unlimited package. You usually purchase 1Gb blocks of data.

Steve G. :

You can also connect all your other devices to it.

Customer:

UNLOCKED HUAWEI E587 3G MOBILE BROADBAND MIFI WIFI + 15dbi db EXTERNAL ANTENNA

Customer:

UNLOCKED HUAWEI E587 3G MOBILE BROADBAND MIFI WIFI + 15dbi db EXTERNAL ANTENNA would this do for me steve saw it on ebay...it says I would need a sim card...for my mini ipad can I buy any payg sim card for say 1 pound here in the shops...and if I top it up say 10 pounds how much data will I get do you know...sorry just confused...is buying a sim for this portable device straightforward but will it cost a lot in top ups?

Steve G. :

I guess it depends on how much the MIFI is. If it is only a few quid, then yes. It will take a sim that you can top up as you go. Looks like about ten pounds for 1Gb which isn't bad. If you start watching a lot of movies though you could burn thriough that.