Nick H.
Nick H., Phone Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Cell Phone Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

Samsung Galaxy 3 kids- once all set up and connected to wi-fi

Customer Question

Samsung Galaxy 3 kids- once all set up and connected to wi-fi it will not allows samsung apps to be opened- error service not available (1009) and then - unable to find your location check your network settings and try again
We are in Guernsey Channel Islands and i think samsung doesnt recognise our IP address
Can anyone help!! Thanks
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.
That means the phone's Samsung account is limited to your original location.
Please try this method:
Go to Settings->Apps or Application Manager->All (Swipe from right to left to scroll to All list.
Select Samsung Apps.
Select Force Stop and Clear data.
Open Apps menu and select Samsung Apps.
It will ask you to select country.
Change country to your current location.
Then try to open Samsung Apps.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reply back to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you!
Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Nick
Thanks for your answer, though unfortunately the issue still happens. As soon as I go to Samsung Apps I get the same errors
Lee
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Lee. That means the Samsung Apps not be able to contact the original server from current location. Your tablet is restricted to use with.
Please try this method:
On your computer, go to www.samsungdive.com
Log into your Samsung account.
Click on 'delete your account' (Bottom of the page, beside the 'privacy policy' link)
After succeed, you can directly make your new samsung account using the country you desired.
Then do the steps as before and see if you can open Samsung apps on your tablet.
Nick