Viet-Cell Phone Tech
Viet-Cell Phone Tech, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot all cell phones.
30037186

I have an iPhone 5C with AOL as my preferred email. This works

I have an iPhone 5C with AOL as my preferred email. This works fine on my MacBook Air with my aol password ***** aol name - which is the same for my iPhone but when I updated the operating system on my iPhone I can no longer access my email via iPhone. When I try to enter the same password ***** name, it gives me the Gah service error. How can I get my emails on my phone?
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Viet-Cell Phone Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello Marcia! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. First, can you please confirm that your AOL email password ***** ***** by signing in your AOL email account at the website http://mail.aol.com/?

If that works, can you go to Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar, then tap on your AOL account, then delete account
, then tap on Add Account, then select Aol. option, then enter your aol account information, then see if it works or not.

Please let me know. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes, clicking on http://mail.aol.com/? gets me into my account using this laptop, but I am unable to follow your other directions as I cannot find Settings -> Mail, Contacts, Calendar, then tap on your AOL account, then delete account ...

settings on my AOL page. I can go to Options, then email settings but there is no 'calendar' or 'aol account'

On the iPhone, what happens when you tap on the Settings app icon? Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok, I did not realise you were referring to my mobile settings - thought you were referring to the Settings on AOL email page. Did as suggested in Settings on mobile. When I click AOL mail icon on mobile it gives me the same Gah message, then I (yet again) refill in my details, when I then get this message I press 'try again' and only then see my emails. This is too long winded. I used to be able to see emails by single click on AOL icon on my phone.

Sorry about that. Please do all the followings on the iPhone:

- If you see the AOL app icon on the iphone, then tap and hold on it until all app icons begin to wiggle, then tap on the x icon within the Aol app, then delete the app.

- Then press and hold both the Power (On / Off) button and the Home button (which is located right below the screen) together for at least 10 seconds, until the Apple logo appears, then wait a bit.

- Then open App Store, then type/search for AOL , then download and install the AOL mail app
, then open the AOL app, then tap on the mail envelope icon, then sign in your aol email and check.

Please let me know. Thank you.