Nick H.
Nick H., Phone Specialist
Experience:  Sr. Cell Phone Expert, Phone Tablet Repair Shop
63271161

Hello,I'm in India travelling from the UK. I have a Samsung

Customer Question

I'm in India travelling from the UK. I have a Samsung S5 on T Mobile. Data roaming won't work, so I can't get any email. I've tried all the obvious things, looked at a number of forums and nothing will work. One suggestion related to APN settings but this is way beyond my expertise. Can you assist?
regards,
tony.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 2 years ago.
Please confirm that your mobile data was working perfectly when in the UK and now you are in India mobile data won't work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Everything was working perfectly in the UK.

Firstly, the APN (Access Point Name) is only if you have a SIM card from the mobile provider that you using in India. It is part of setting up the mobile data configuration.

However as you are roaming there are two possibilites.

1) Since you only say that "I've tried all the obvious things" without elaborating I assume that you mean you have made sure that mobile data roaming is activated in your phone

http://ee.co.uk/help/phones-and-device/samsung/samsung-galaxy-s5/samsung-galaxy-S5-internet-and-applications/samsung-galaxy-S5---enable-or-disable-data-roaming

2) It if has been activated in the phone then you will need to contact T Mobile back in the UK to activate it there.

http://ee.co.uk/ee-and-me/travel-shopping/roaming/roaming-before-you-go

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm a frequent traveller abroad and of course all of the things you've suggested were carried out. In fact to save money I even purchased an Internet Booster package which I can't use.
I was looking for a technical fix which I'm not sure you can give me.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today.
Did you talk to Tmobile about Data Roaming?
When you go to India, on your phone, did it say another phone provider and says roaming or signal bars on top?
Nick
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
See my previous responses.
I'm a frequent traveller and am well versed in roaming requirements.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your reply.
Did you test your SIM card with another phone in India to see if it will work or not?
We need to test to see if it is the phone's settings or the SIM card settings.
Nick