Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

cannot remember the password ***** used mobile phone.

Customer Question

cannot remember the password ***** used mobile phone. Only realised I had inserted it when went to Asda store new Sim card so unable to use phone until password ***** Rarely use the phone but now driving long distances and need phone . Have the receipt plus the box it came with so can show this when I return to store new Sim purchase but little point if cannot use my . Can you help because online claim they cannot? Rose  ps samsung SGHJ700i pink  On Box has SIM 89441000301521749897

Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
there and welcome
Are you referring to the screen lock passcode?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Seems my previous mobile phone network which Asda used was Vodaphone but they changed it to EE so either I contact Vodaphone to unlock my phone in order to switch it to the new Network or I find a shop such as Tesco or local store to unlock it so that I can then use any phone Network of my choice which will be my local Asda EE network pay as you go option . This was discovered after in Asda last night, a young female assistant attempted to sort out the problem once again who after trying many different approaches, was then informed by another colleague that I needed to seek out a store local to me, who could UNLOCK my presumably old Network then I could use my phone.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, if you are referring to unlocking your phone from your current provider so you can use it on any provider, you can purchase the unlock code from this link Rose.
http://www.cellunlocker.net/
You are then able to get the code here.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Tried cellunlocker.net but no use because clearly I needed some kind of numbers but the web site claimed not to use any serial numbers found in or on my mobile whereas another web site indicated I could insert the serial number found on the battery then they could send me the relevant network unlock code.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
The site needs your IMEI number Rose which you will find near the battery.
Let me know if you have any difficulties please