Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

How do you recover deleted text messages from a non smartphone

How do you recover deleted text messages from a non smartphone ie. The old type with the standard sim card, do you need a sim card reader?
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
The SMS messages are stored on the SIM card on your phone (not on the phone itself).
To retrieve deleted SMS messages the first thing you need to do is stop any sending and receiving of SMS's) The reason is that the deleted SMS messages are still on the SIM card, but if they are overwritten with a new message, then they are gone for good.
You will then need to buy this SIM USB reader so that your SMS messages can be read by a computer
http://www.dekart.com/products/hardware/sim_card_reader/
You put the SIM card into this reader and put it into a computer.
You will then use the dekart program Sim Manager
http://www.dekart.com/products/card_management/sim_manager/
It will retrieve deleted SMS messages on the SIM that have not yet been overwritten. They will then be available on your computer
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ive downloaded the sim manager you recommended, but the sim card reader I already have is not registering that its connected whilst using this software. is there any way of getting over this without ordering another sim card reader?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No sorry Philip, the software works with the reader I recommend