John T. F.
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+Yrs in the computer/electronics service industry
60674955

i have an i phone 5 which receives emails but wont send them

i have an i phone 5 which receives emails but wont send them out. i have been on the phone to apple and they cant configure out going mails, there is a problem with the smpt server. they have asked me to ask you questions that they need to know.
whats my outgoing mail server
whats my username
whats my password
outgoing server port
outgoingserver port SSL yes or no
bob tidmarsh
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  John T. F. replied 2 years ago.
Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.
Who is your email provider, please?
Thanks,
John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hotmail

Thanks,
Can you tell me what version of iOS you are currently running, please?
From the Home screen;
tap Settings
tap General
tap About
On the About screen, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it
says.
Thanks,
John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

8.1.3 (12B466)

Thanks. The iPhone should normally be able to set this account up for you automatically. Was this account previously working on this iPhone? John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

YES i can recieve emails but not send them out , i have been on the phone to apple for an hour and they told me out going mail dont work because the answers to the questions ive asked you need to be set up in the phone , you got to help me here as im getting lost here can you help me John ?

I will certainly try! What is the part of your email address after the @ symbol (JustAnswer blocks complete email addresses for security reasons so please just post the part after the @)? John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hotmail.co.uk is that ok ?

Yes thanks! Let's try setting this up automatically first. You'll need to remove the account and then re-add it to the iPhone: TO REMOVE ACCOUNTFrom the home screen, tap Settings.tap “Mail Contacts, Calendars”From the Accounts section, tap the email account you wish to remove.tap “Delete Account”.tap “Delete” to confirm. TO ADD ACCOUNTIn Settings > “Mail Contacts, Calendars”… In the Accounts section, Tap “Add Account”. tap your email provider (Outlook.com) Follow the onscreen steps and provide the required information to configure your account. In the boxes provided you should enter your name, complete email address, password, and a description of the account. Once you’ve entered your information, in the top right, tap Next. After your account has been verified, in the top right, tap Save. (Note: Make sure that the Mail option is turned ON.) When the account setup has been completed, test that it works properly. Let me know the results of that attempt should it fail. John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just trying some emails to test John

Ok, good luck!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

it looks good i have sent three out and they have been received so we are looking cool John thank you.

i notice there was a deposit of £20 for this service not that your not worth it but is that what the info has cost me , im not being funny

bob

Excellent! Glad to hear it worked, Bob!

I am not an employee of JustAnswer and do not have access to your account details to know the amount of deposit or the cost of the question for security reasons. I only receive a portion of the deposit given to JustAnswer when you finally rate my service.

Thanks,
John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

fair enough

thank you for help lets hope its ok for a while now , though it looks good certainly at the moment

send a last reply through John and get a smiley face

BT

If you find it's still giving you trouble, you can reply back at any time for more help. I think that should do it though. John