Viet-Cell Phone Tech
Viet-Cell Phone Tech, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot all cell phones.
30037186

I got my phone partially wet . I took it apart and dried it

Customer Question

I got my phone partially wet . I took it apart and dried it for 24 hrs in a bag of rice . All functions work well except I now have the headphone icon on permanently even with no headphones in which means I cannot hear or make incoming or external calls without plugging some headphones in . I have tried ear buds with alcohol on and pushing some headphones in and out of the headphone socket without success
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Plumberpro replied 2 years ago.
Plumberpro :

Hi have you tried a hairdryer?

JACUSTOMER-f9olgz1d- :

Hi , thanks for suggesting the hairdryer .Gave it a go and then left it for an hour. Didn't work . Thanks anyway. Hope to get a few more ideas for my money .

Plumberpro :

No probs

Expert:  Viet-Cell Phone Tech replied 2 years ago.

Hello! Thank you for your question. I will be assisting you today.

I'm sorry about the issue. Let's try each of the followings until it works. Try with phone turned off first. If needed, try with phone turned on.

1. Insert the phone to a computer for couple of minutes, then disconnect.

2. Use a vacuum to suck dust from headphone jack.

3. Put some cotton (use cotton from a Q-tip) inside the headphone jack, and clean with with a toothpick (or with a needle or a thin pin.)

4. Download / install the app called SoundAbout in Play Store, and use it route / disconnect the audio to each source until it works:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.woodslink.android.wiredheadphoneroutingfix&hl=en

5. Turn off the phone. Then use a pair of (old) headphones, and spray a small amount of electrical contact cleaner onto the headphone plug and quickly inserting it into the phone's headphone jack, and twisting it. Repeat 3 times. Then wait wait about 5 minutes, then turn on and check.

6. Use aircan duster. Blast air from a compressed air can into the headphone jack.

Please click on the Reply to Expert tab below, and reply back to me and let me know the result. Thank you,