Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

my acer ipad will not reboot, what do I need to do?

Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First if I can please clarify, Apple make the iPad, is this what you meant and not Acer?
And when you say Reboot, you mean it will not turn on?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Acer Iconia A3 ipad

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Helen
When you say Reboot, you mean it will not start?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have tried to reboot using the power and the volume buttons. I have tried all options however after several days all I am getting is the trademark Acer explore beyond limits wording.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Acer and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and hold the volume UP and power button for 6 seconds, then release.
If the firmware is the issue, this should take you to a menu.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have the reboot menu

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, this means the firmware has corrupted and we will have to try to reload it. This will wipe all data on the Acer and return it to new but we cannot avoid this.
Choose in the menu, Wipe Data using the volume buttons and press power to select it.
Let this complete and tell me if it then starts please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done this and I am still getting the trademark wording as before. How long should this take?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It would take no more then 5 minutes.
If you are still stuck on the trademark,
It confirms the internal memory has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to stall.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the Acer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. You have been very helpful and I will rate accordingly.

Regards, Helen

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome Helen.
If there is anything else you require, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Richard.
Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience: Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones