Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

I have a samsung galaxy s4 which i dropped and have been

Hi I have a samsung galaxy s4 which i dropped and have been told to back up which i don't know how to do and then do a factory reset. don't want to lose my data on the phone without backing up. have plugged ito my new computer but it does not show up.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
First, are you able to turn the phone on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the phone works but cannot read any messages and the phone cuts out in the middle of conversations and some of my apps don't work.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Lynda
What is it you wish to backup?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well i have a new i mac and first would like to be able to back up the phone on the computer with all its info. did plug the phone in but the computer did not see it i presume because their was no software on my system.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Lynda
What data on the phone do you want to backup?
Photos, contacts?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes plus any new apps i have obtained.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Apps you cannot backup you will have to download and install again.
If the computer is not detecting the phone, then you damaged the data port so you wont be able to back it up onto the computer, but we will attempt to back it up online.
Download and install the app Dropbox from the playstore which can backup your photos online.
Let me know when you have please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard...unfortunately i have to go out as just realised the time can i log back on to you later this evening as i won't be back till late to sort this as do need your help or tomorrow. Will download the dropbox before I get back to you.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, thanks Lynda
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you Richard will be back to you. kind regards Lynda

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
till then
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Richard...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Afternoon Richard

I have managed to sort my issue out so do not now need your advise or assistance but thank you anyway.

Kind regards Lynda

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
No problem Lynda, and good it is sorted out.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.