Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

I have a kindle paperwhite and the text has come up "power"

I have a kindle paperwhite and the text has come up "power" with boxes Cancel Restart Screen off but nothing happens when I touch these boxes. the text is still on my screen but this text is over the book text.
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes that has sorted out the problem. Thanks

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
your most welcome!
It was the firmware that had an issue, and needed a hard restart. We did this just then. It will now be ok.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.