Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

I need to transfer allthe data from my i phone 4 to my new

i need to transfer allthe data from my i phone 4 to my new i phone 5c?
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To do this, on the old phone Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.
Turn on iCloud Backup.
When done, Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.
Tap Back Up Now.
Wait until the backup finishes. How long it will take depends on how big the backup is and how fast your Internet connection is.
When the backup of your old device is finished, turn on your new device. Follow the setup assistant, which will ask you to choose these things:
Your language and country
Whether to enable Location Services
A Wi-Fi network
If you've already set up your device, you can reset it so that you can go through the iOS Setup Assistant again and restore from your backup. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Do this only if you already have a backup.
Restore from iCloud Backup
When you're asked to set up:
Choose Restore from iCloud Backup.
Tap next.
Enter your Apple ID and password.
Choose the backup
Choose the backup of your old device and tap Restore. Wait until the device finishes restoring from the backup.
How long it will take depends on how big the backup is and how fast your Internet connection is.
Once done, the data is then transferred over.
When the restore finishes, your device will restart. You should connect the device to iTunes to sync data that isn't in the backup (such as music, videos, or apps that you didn't purchase from the iTunes Store or the App Store ). To change the type of content that syncs, click the syncing tabs in iTunes.
Enter your passwords
When you're restoring an iCloud backup to a new device, you'll need to enter your password ***** your Apple ID, email and other accounts, and voicemail. If you've forgotten your voicemail password, contact your carrier.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i need an apple i d and password. can i get one now?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You will already have one you used on the old phone Jill, it would not have let you set it up without it.
If you forget what you set it as you can use this form to retrieve it.
https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorry for the delay. i am having difficulty getting passwords sorted. it seems there is an old one somewhere.i feel it would be better to get someone else at this end to replace me.it's not your fault it s mine.sorry for wasting your time.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Its ok Jill, what problem are you having with the password?
Did you try to reset it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did try to reset it but without success. I relly have to go as I have another appointment and I did nt think this would take so long.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, I have marked this question to never close Jill. so when you are ready you can return here.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.