Ashik
Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

THERE I AM ON VACATION FROM UK TO USA, IF I PURCHASE A

HI THERE
I AM ON VACATION FROM UK TO USA, IF I PURCHASE A CELL PHONE IN USA, WILL I BE ABLE TO USE IT IN THE UK, I REALIZE THE CHARGER WILL NEED AN ADAPTER BUT WILL I BE ABLE TO PUT A SIM CARD FROM THE UK IN IT
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
If you buy a GSM Factory unlocked phone, then Yes you will be able to use it anywhere in the world.
You are right about the charger, it just need an adapter to convert it.
Make sure you buy an GSM Factory Unlocked phone.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sorry for being so stupid, what does GSM factory unlocked mean, and how do you know how to check

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Most of the phones out there are GSM (which you can put in a SIM card). Factory unlocked phones are the phones that are ready to be used out of the box with almost all networks around the world. The phones you usually buy from the carrier network stores for a contractual payments for 1 year, 2 year etc are usually locked to that particular network (non factory unlocked).
So when you buy the phone, just ask them whether they are factory unlocked or not.