Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

Have samsung s6 can not access using finger print It requests

have samsung s6 can not access using finger print It requests backup password ***** I don't have. What can I do?
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
If its not accepting this or the backup password (one would have been set by you at setup else the phone could never have been setup). It is the gmail password ***** made when setting up the phone.
If you cannot recall this, then you will have to reset the phone, its the only way to remove the security. This will remove all data on the phone, but this cannot be avoided, its the whole point of the security.
To do the reset, please do the following instructions.
Turn off the device completly, so hold the power and then choose Power off.
Once the phone is off, hold the volume up, home, and power buttons down simultaneously. Continue to hold this combination while the phone boots, until the screen shows the Android Robot.
After a few moments, you will have access to the phone’s boot menu. Using the volume up/down buttons to navigate, and the power button to make selections, find and select the Wipe Data/Factory Reset option.
4
Scroll down to Yes, delete all user data, and press the power button once again. You will notice script scrolling along the bottom of the screen, which will end in Data Wipe Complete.
Once the operation is complete, press the power button once more to reset the device.
The phone has now been returned to factory settings, and you can then setup the phone and use it again.
Let me know the results please