Richard, Electronics Engineer
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of Cell Phones
32989067

How do you unlock the screen on a galaxy S6 has i have tried

how do you unlock the screen on a galaxy S6 has i have tried findmy phone and also tried my google account but the phone will not stay on for you to put in ID and password ***** you help
Category: Mobile Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
To clarify, the problem is you cannot unlock the phone because everytime you do, the screen turns off?
Please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the screen unlock unable to recognise my fingerprint and I lost my backup password

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank youYou will then have to reset the phone, It is the only way to remove the lock on it. This will remove all your data and return the hone to new, but this you cannot avoid sorry. To do this,1. Turn off your Galaxy S6 completly.2. Press and hold power, Volume Up and Home to enter Recovery Mode 3. You'll see a blue Android screen, then be taken to the Recovery menu.4. Use the volume buttons to highlight Wipe Data/Factory Reset and press Power to confirm.Wipe Data/Factory Reset is the option you want.5. Scroll down to Yes and press Power to confirm.6. Your Galaxy S6 will perform a factory reset. It might take a while, but you will see a yellow message at the bottom once it has completed. Highlight Reboot System now and press Power to confirm.Once your Galaxy S6 has factory reset itself, select Reboot System Now.7. Your Galaxy S6 will restart (it might take a while) with factory restored settings.8. One it has rebooted, you can then use the phone againIf you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank you