JoelK
JoelK, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have a Nokia Phone and unfortunately deleted a text which

Customer Question

I have a Nokia Phone and unfortunately deleted a text which I now wish to recover. I have found a site which says it is possible to recover SMS messages from Nokia Phones but do not trust the site 100%. A friend tells me that the answer may be in the Microsft Cloud? But if it is I do not know how to access it. I am currently not able to use my device as it is en route from another address, but would appreciate some guidance meanwhile. Thanks
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  JoelK replied 11 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I may be able to help you with your problem. What is the model of your Nokia phone? What is your computer operating system?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry for the delay in reverting to you. My Cell phone is currently en route from Austria and when it returns I should be able to answer your questions
Expert:  JoelK replied 11 months ago.
Roger that.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have a Nokia 635. The OS on my current computer is WindowsXP, but I am shortly upgrading to Windows 10. I await word
Expert:  JoelK replied 11 months ago.
There is a backup and restore process involving the Microsoft Cloud, but it will not help you recover your text message unless you have previously turned it on, thereby enabling the automatic backup. There are separate enabling switches for settings, apps, text, photos, and videos. You can check to see if it is turned on by swiping to the left on your home screen. Then go to Settings > Backup > Text Messages. If it is not turned on,, you can try using a third-party recovery program, such as Wondershare or 7-Data Recovery.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's fine Text messages were being backed up but I am not sure whether this is incoming or outgoing. It's an incomind I'm looking for and there are various options to switch on and off in that screen so I'm confused
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have I timed out? I would like a reply to the question above I have requested a call back but I'm not sure if the number was sent It is UK *********** Please let me know if there is a further fee I really want to get this sorted
Expert:  JoelK replied 10 months ago.
Backup and restore features, either to a folder on your phone or to the cloud, are available, but they require manual operation. There is no distinction between incoming and outgoing text messages in the sync handling features on your phone. I do not have a Nokia phone; consequently, I do not know exactly what your options are. I am in the US, and I cannot make international telephone calls. Can you tell me exactly what you are confused about?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. I have established that back up is available. There is a screen which asks me what period I want to retrieve. I choose "past year" and nothing seems to happen I do not know where to look for that content. There does not seem to be a folder where
this can be accessed or if there is I cannot find it. On the same screen there are a number of "switches"; "SMS delivery confirmation" (on);"MMS delivery confirmation" (on); "Send MMS acknowledgment" (on);"Group text" (off); "Automatically download MMS" (on) then the SMS call number. so my problem/confusion is where to look for the deleted texts if I have somehow recovered them. Looking at my texting screen I cannot see how I can get to a deleted text folder from there.