Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  20+ Years Experience. Cell Phone Expert
23511658

I have been having problems trying to get my phone sent away

I have been having problems trying to get my phone sent away to be checked as it won't switch on
Category: Mobile Phones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please cancel my payment as this isn't working for me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you please return my money to my account
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is Michael. I can help you with your question if you still need assistance.
I can help you with the issue here. In most cases, if the phone will not switch in, the battery needs to be replaced - that is if it won't come on at all. If you can provide me with the model number of your phone, I can locate a replacement battery for you and provide you with a link. Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model number isA1457
Thank you. So it is an iPhone.You will need to do a little work to replace it, but you can see the battery replacement on the following page:http://bitli.es/PD4QoW Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I think it's more than just battery if I put it on with the charger it comes on with Apple icon then the screen goes blue
Do you happen to live near an Apple Store? The reason I ask is that you can send these away for repair, but you would be without it for a while, and it's difficult to control the cost when you send it off to be diagnosed - you never really know what they are going to say is wrong with it. However, if you have an apple store nearby, you can just stop by and they will take a look at it for you and tell you.Mike
In fact, an apple store will give you a phone to borrow while they fix yours.
Here you go... take a look here. This is Apple's iphone repair service in the UK:http://bitli.es/vxLmnlThey have fixed rates depending on the type of problem. You can even start a service request online from that page.Mike
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I will just leave and try and get in contact with vodafone
Ok. Hang onto that link in case you decide to get it repaired through Apple. Here is the Vodaphone UK contact page. Just select the type of account you have to get in contact with them:http://bitli.es/IwdDjl
Why did you just give me a negative rating?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because I'm no further ahead as I was
Please change your rating. Not only do I not get credit for the personal time I spent helping you with a negative rating, but a negative rating stays on my profile forever.
Yes you are. I've told you that you likely need to change the battery - I gave you the video about how to do it. I told you how to get it repaired through apple, and I gave you the contact information for Vodaphone. What more would you like?
You have all the information you need to send your phone to get checked. That is what you asked for. I've given you information beyond that, even.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When did you give me Vodafone information
2:22 Here is the Vodaphone UK contact page. Just select the type of account you have to get in contact with them:http://bitli.es/IwdDjl
Vodaphone does not do hardware repairs. But I gave you the information because you said you wanted to contact them.The information I gave you about having Apple do the repairs is more appropriate to what you need done - I have given you both.
If you want Vodafone to look at your phone, you have to bring it into one of their stores.
If you wish to do that, you can find one in the UK on this page:http://bitli.es/iA9Kau
Just click on "use current location"
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
If you select "Tech Team" under what you are looking for, it will give you ALL Vodafone authorized repair facilities. This includes independently owned.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but I'm just going to cancel my contract because l can't get any sense from vodafone